Saturday, April 16, 2011

Baby Shower Cupcakes!

It's been almost a year since I did anything cake! Inconceivable!  Gram called me up a few weeks ago and asked me to do some cupcakes for a Boy's Baby Shower.  Of course I said yes, how could I not?

I decided on doing Red Velvet cupcakes with Vanilla Buttercream, and then dipped in Ghiradelli Chocolate Ganache.  I decorated them with pastel blue buttercream baby booties (woah, alliteration!) and added some white buttercream frill and bows.  I then added some words, so that across the four rows, the cupcakes read "It's a Baby Boy".






Here, the leftover batch of my grossly overestimated amount of buttercream.  It's in the freezer, hopefully I can find a reason to use it within a month.


The cupcakes sitting on their cake board, sitting on top of the cake box.  I covered the cardboard base and box with baby wrapping paper that I found at Walmart, which ended up matching about half of the baby shower gifts.  Apparently this is a popular wrapping paper!

I like covering the box with a themed paper, it adds more sense of occasion to the cupcakes.  Some cupcakes hardly resemble an occasion, but if you have wedding paper over a box of white cupcakes, the hint gets across.









Cupcakes = Happiness. Especially delicious ones :)