Friday, September 14, 2012

An Update: Etsy, a Kumquat Tree, & Paypal Here

I'm back at school and getting bogged down by my accounting/business classes, plus one philosophy class I still had to take. However I am busy with many other endeavors including my Etsy Crayon Art store, my rearing of a 1-2 year old Meiwa Kumquat tree, and my dealings with Paypal and Paypal's new "Paypal Here".

Etsy is a wonderful website to buy cute, handmade goods straight from the artist. I've been following the site for about a year and have made a few purchases. A few months ago I created my own Etsy store to sell my Crayon Art and, although it has not been a wild success, I have made four sales.

Etsy reintroduced me to Paypal, a service I have been using for about seven years. I've been delving deeper into what Paypal offers and when I saw the new Paypal Here I had to have it.

After I was approved, of course.

Which I was! Within 48 hours, I received an email from Paypal saying I had been approved to use Paypal Here and be shipped a free Paypal Here card reader. It is a little blue plastic triangle card reader that plugs into the headphone jack of my iPhone. I just received it in the mail!! I "tested" it, so I know it works, however I unfortunately only have my own debit card and I can't pay myself. Really, I don't have any use for this at the moment, but having it means that I not only accept check, cash, and paypal transfer for my cakes, I also take plastic.




The last update is my new Meiwa Kumquat tree. I've been wanting a citrus tree for some time now as they can be very fragrant, hearty, and actually produce something useful. (Yes, all plants produce oxygen, but that doesn't satisfy my hungry tummy) I chose a kumquat tree because with kumquats, you eat the peel and the flesh, meaning on my way to class I can grab one off the tree and eat it on the way to class. Because I am rearing the tree, I will know that the fruit is free from pesticides and probably won't wash it like I should.

Someone made a very good point, as I was spreading the news, that I hadn't actually tasted a kumquat before. Nope.



Until next time!!!
-Jen